Cupertino based Apple has released macOS Catalina 10.15.4, fourth major update to the sixteenth version of macOS. This release is followed by Apple’s trading of updating all of its operating system at once. Thus, the company introduced major features to its iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
With this update of macOS Catalina, users will get iCloud Drive folder sharing on the platform, as well as, the ability to import Google Chrome passwords into iCloud Keychain., and communication limits for Screen Time.
The new version also features real-time lyrics for Apple Music subscribers.
To update the existing version to this new updated version, users can navigate to System Preferences –> Software Update and then choose the “Automatically keep my Mac up to date” option near the bottom of the panel and the installation process will happen on its own.
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 is compatible with the following Apple’s devices.
- Mac Pro: Late 2013 models and onwards.
- iMac Pro: All models.
- iMac: Late 2012 models and onwards.
- Mac Mini: Late 2012 models and onwards.
- MacBook Pro: Mid 2012 models and onwards.
- MacBook Air: Mid 2012 models and onwards.
- MacBook: Early 2015 models and onwards.
Also, check out the official release note of macOS Catalina 10.15.4.
- iCloud Drive folder sharing from Finder
- Controls to limit access only to people you explicitly invite or grant access to anyone with the folder link
- Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files
- Communication limits for controlling who your children can communicate with and be contacted by throughout the day and during downtime
- Playback control of music videos for your children
- Time-synced lyrics view for Apple Music, including the ability to jump to your favorite part of a song by clicking a line in lyrics view
- Option to import Chrome passwords into your iCloud Keychain for easy AutoFill of your passwords in Safari and across all your devices
- Controls for duplicating a tab and for closing all tabs to the right of the current tab
- HDR playback support on compatible computers for Netflix content
App Store with Apple Arcade
- Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- Recently played Arcade games appear in the Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
Pro Display XDR
- Customized reference modes that you can tailor to specific workflow needs by selecting from several color gamut, white point, luminance, and transfer function options
- Head pointer preference for moving a cursor on the screen based on the precise movements of your head
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
- High Dynamic Range output to HDR10-compatible third-party displays and TVs connected with DisplayPort or HDMI
- OAuth authentication support with Outlook.com accounts for improved security
- CalDav migration support when upgrading to iCloud reminders on a secondary device
- Resolves an issue where text copied between apps may appear invisible when Dark Mode is active
- Fixes an issue in Safari where a CAPTCHA tile may display incorrectly
- Resolves an issue where Reminders may send notifications for completed reminders
- Fixes an issue with screen brightness for the LG UltraFine 5K display after waking from sleep
Apple first introduced macOS Catalina 10.15.4 in late March with support for iCloud Drive folder sharing, Screen Time enhancements and time-synced lyrics for Apple Music, among other features
It is expected that Apple might release the next macOS Catalina beta version of 10.16 at the WWDC 2020 in June.