Social Media behemoth Facebook has launched an experimental app for Apple Watch through which users can keep themselves in contact with their close friends. The app known as Kit ( Keep in Touch) can be used to send the voice messages, scribbles, location, emoji and more with just a tap.
Kit was quietly launched by Facebook on App Store without any publicity. It was first noted by TechCrunch.
The app is currently available to download from the iOS App Store. Post download, users can log in by scanning a QR code on their Apple Watch then select the contacts with whom they want to stay in touch.
This experimental app is from Facebook’s NPE(New Product Experimentation) Team which Facebook describes it as a team focused on building new products and experiences. It was founded in July 2019 and word as the R&D of Facebook. NPE Team has experimented and created app like like Whale, Bump, Aux, Hobbi, and Tuned. Kit is the first app by NPE Team to be launched on Apple Watch.
“We hope that Kit helps you keep in touch with those most important to you — without constantly needing to pick up your phone.” the description of the app reads. Facebook has made mandatory to have a Messenger account to use the Kit app.
1. Onboarding: Log in by scanning a QR code on your watch, or by entering an access code at fb.com/devices.
2. Contact selection: Select a Messenger connection from your suggested and recent contacts with one click. Tap on “Change Contact” in the settings page to switch.
3. Sending a message: Send a message with one tap via audio recording, emoji, location sharing, scribble, or dictation input.
4. Receiving Messages: Swipe to see your contact’s messages on the right.
5. Notifications: Receive and respond to notifications from your top Messenger contact.