The whole Apple ecosystem revolves around your one single Apple Id. Your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and almost every product needs Apple ID, even Apple’s AirPods needs to be logged in to an Apple account. So it is one of the most crucial parts of being into the Apple ecosystem. However, Apple being the strongest in protecting the privacy of its users, the recovery system of Apple accounts are very complex and difficult.
So try never to forget the credentials of your apple account. But by chance, if you have forgotten your Apple ID, or have lost your iPhone or other devices, here is what you can do when you forgot your Apple ID password.
There are chances that you might have forgotten your email address or password or both. So if you have mixed and matched your email addresses, and can’t remember which email address you have used to login into Apple account. Below we have it covered.
How to find your Apple ID email address
- On your iPhone or other IOS device, go to Settings.
- On the top there should be your name written, tap on it and the email address will be listed on the top of the screen.
- If you are using a MAC, go to System Preferences.
- Click on the Apple ID on the right of your name.
- There should be your email address listed below your name.
The above method will only work, if you are already logged into your Apple account, otherwise it won’t show your email address.
On the other hand, if you don’t remember your Apple ID password and know the passcode of your iPhone. You can use that to find your Apple ID email address, and change the password too.
Use your iPhone Passcode to change your Apple ID password
- Go To Settings.
- Tap on your name, then choose Password and Security.
- Select Change password.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the passcode of your iPhone or your iPad. Enter the passcode which you use to unlock your iPhone or iPad.
- In the next screen, you can change your Apple ID’s password.
- A similar method can be followed if you have a Mac and you do know the screen unlocking password of your Mac
Use your Mac password to change your Apple ID
- Go-To system Preferences
- Now, click on your name located at the top.
- Choose the option that says password and Security.
- Click on Change password.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the Mac’s unlock password.
- In the next screen, you can set your new password.
Change your Apple ID password using Apple Support App
- Get someone to download the Apple Support App, on their device.
- Open the App, it will show details about the current IOS device. Tap on Products which should be located at the top left.
- Scroll down a bit and select on More products, after which tap on Apple ID.
- Tap Forgot Apple ID password.
- Click on Get started from reset your password section.
- On the following page, select “A different Apple ID“.
- Click on continue.
- Enter the Apple ID.
- Enter your “Trusted phone number ” for authentication.
- Now, follow all the prompts to change your Apple ID password.
Change your Apple ID through a Browser
- Visit iforgot.apple.com
- Click cancel if asked to enter the password.
- Now find and click on the page that says forgotten your Apple ID or password?
- Click continue with a password.
- Now you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID email address enter it and click Continue
So these were some methods through which you can try and get back your Apple ID or password, in case you have forgotten the credentials or have lost your Apple device.
- How to restore Apple Watch from backup
- How to get Apple TV+ free for a year
- How to transfer data from iPhone to another iPhone with or without iCloud/iTunes
- How to set up multiple accounts on Apple TV
- How to block shortcuts notifications on iPhone and iPad
- How to transfer a call, message, or email from Apple Watch to iPhone
- How to manage App Store subscriptions on Windows PC with iTunes