By now, most of us use our smartphones to click pictures. Be it on a holiday or random, casual photography. Smartphone cameras have become our go-to photography tool. Undoubtedly in 2020, there are a lot of smartphones out there that click pretty amazing pictures. Not only that the video capability of modern smartphones are way too good, mostly if we talk about the recently launched iPhone 12 series, it has excellent optics.
Often we come to a situation where we need to transfer our photos to the computer. Either to take it as a backup or to edit photos. So today we will discuss how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
The primary way to transfer pictures from your iPhone is to use the photo transfer feature in the built-in Photos app that both Mac and PC offer. You can share the photos from iPhones to MAC wirelessly by using the iCloud as well. Copying photos from iPhones to a Windows PC or a MAC can sometimes be a pain. But don’t worry, we have you covered and you will learn how to copy your photos from iPhones, iPads quickly to computers or MAC.
Transferring photos from iPhones and iPads are manageable even if you don’t have iTunes installed on your PC. If you connect your iPhone to the PC, it will detect as a camera device in the PC. Hence all you have to do is just open the device in the file explorer and choose whatever the photos you want to copy.
How to Transfer Photos from your iPhone to PC (Mac)
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with the USB cable.
- The Photos app on your Mac will automatically open. If it doesn’t, open your Applications folder and select the Photos app.
- Select File from the top menu, then choose Import.
- You can download select photos by holding down the command key on your keyboard while clicking all the pictures you want to transfer, then click Review for Import.
- If you’ve already imported some or all of your selected photos, your Mac will let you know, then give you the option to import the remaining photo(s) by clicking Import New Photo.
- If you’d instead import all the images on your iPhone that you haven’t previously backed up, click Import All New Items.
How To Transfer Photos From iPhone To Window 10
As soon as you connect your iPhone to the Windows 10 PC via lightning to USB-A cable, a pop-up window will show up asking what should happen when the device connects. There on the list, you must have an option to import photos and videos.
- After you have connected the iPhone to the Windows 10 PC via USB cable, the Photos app should open on your PC.
- There will be an option to import photos and videos on the top right corner.
- Clicking it will open a box with the new photos for transfer will pop-up. Select the images you want to import and tap Continue.
- In the next step, you can select the location where you want to import the photos.
- After you have imported, you can view the photos on PC and can disconnect your iPhone from the PC.
More to read: